DAVE'S CLOCK BLOG JAN. 2017

Well, once again where does the time go?  I did the restorations last winter on my 3 weight Altdeutsch Vienna as I discussed in my last blog (about a year and a half ago).  Using a mild abrasive cleaner (Maguire's #7), some rags and a toothbrush, I cleaned the deep down dirt from the case.  I replaced the top applique with a proper carving.  Then I stained and touched up the finish where it had worn or been otherwise damaged.  Below are a few pictures with captions.

Cleaning off the dirt with a cleaner I use (Maguire's#7).   It is very mild and only slightly abrasive.

Cleaning off the dirt with a cleaner I use (Maguire's#7).   It is very mild and only slightly abrasive.

I'm using a rag with the toothbrush to reach into the hard to get areas.

I'm using a rag with the toothbrush to reach into the hard to get areas.

Tools, stain, shellac  

Tools, stain, shellac

 

replaced the small applique with  a new carving that matches the crown.  this is from the same carver who made the crown.

replaced the small applique with  a new carving that matches the crown.  this is from the same carver who made the crown.